Cultural Conference Centre of Heraklion – Data and Voice Network RFP
Request for Proposal, Technical Writing
The Cultural Conference Centre of Heraklion (CCCH) promises to be an important addition to the cultural scene of the city of Heraklion. During its construction, I had the honour of working with the Municipal Enterprise of Culture, Tourism and Development of Heraklion (DEPTAI) the organisation that manages the CCCH, on an implementation study for their data, telephony and wireless networks. With facilities comparable to the most modern in Greece and abroad, the Centre requires high tech telecommunications technology and solutions to complement them. In particular, the implementation study includes the following components and features:
– Utilization of the Municipal Fibre Optic Network for network and telephone services
– Design of the core and access networks which will be used to support all the network services
– Implementing IP telephony to serve the Centre’s communications needs
– Coverage of all areas of the Centre with a wi-fi network at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
– Using the wi-fi network for telephony intercommunication among employees
– Includes proposals for video-conferencing systems and video recording in five conference large conference rooms (with a capacity of between 80 and 200 people).
The implementation study describes the networks as they will be implemented after the projected completion of the construction of the Centre’s in 2017.
Municipal Enterprise of Culture, Tourism and Development of Heraklion (DEPTAI)